Thursday, 19 November 2009

New Memory

video

One Shot piece.

This is a work in progress, exploring performative, and somewhat, ritualistic processes, in which to transform unwanted connotations with objects and by using various mediums in which to create these 'new memories'. The process itself poses many problems and contradictions to the intended outcome. However, i feel this crisis that constantly appears with performance and relational art plays a huge part in my work, and it what drives me to explore further.

3 comments:

  1. Apart from the fact I have been wanting to find that song for ages, I can never remember who sings it but i love it.
    This is a very personal piece and i'm glad you made the decision of using polaroid as an outcome within your film, something that invites people to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I really want to be able to see the polaroid image but can't maybe because the screen size is small.

    I'm sure it will be fine for the film night. I'll arrange to pick up a data file of it from you (avi or .mov).

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I have been thinking about that, it's certainly not the clearest of things! And yes, also I think it being so small on here is mostly the reason for it. If it is being projected which i thought may be the case then i think that problem will be solved!

    ReplyDelete