Sunday, 4 April 2010

Smell This...





Realising that sense of smell was what I had become increasingly interested in since a young age, I decided that similar to the egg as an actor of object, applying a strong smell to the same methodology, could evoke interesting, and telling reactions.

The two different ingredients were Rose Essence, and Garlic.

Throughout this process and documentation, I began to notice that it was a while after the individuals had taken the scent in and i had taken the photograph that they began to interact and relate to the smells. elaborating on the effect it was having on them and what they thought it maybe was certainly the most interesting outcome of this piece.

It made me realise that i needed to give my subjects more time, to react and to relate the objects or surroundings....

No comments:

Post a Comment