Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Lads.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2011/oct/09/laurel-nakadate-video-performance-artist
"He just saw a girl who would potentially take her clothes off! I have folders of emails from guys like him; I thought about turning them into a piece, but I'd have to get releases signed. And I can't imagine some guy agreeing to be the dip-shit in my artwork."

LAUREL NAKADATE considers a project from emails she receives from a male assuming she is willing to perform sexually from him. As well as being hilarious, it proves the struggles artists face when it comes to participation and exchange within their work, and whether the decision is ethical or not.

In this case if it wasn't for the release forms, I personally would have just gone full steam ahead. Gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment